This is a fairly new attack strategy for TH8. It’s quite complicated and difficult to pull off, but if you get it right, it’s an easy 3 stars. The premise of GoHogs is using the Barbarian King with some Golems to infiltrate the base and destroy defensive Buildings and attack Heroes. If you choose the right side, you can activate the Giant Bomb, then send your Hogs in once your King and Golems have done their part.
Pros of the GoHogs / Hogowiwi Attack
- Incredibly powerful
- Double Giant Bombs are ineffective against GoHogs
- Quick attack, no concern for time
- Complicated, if not done exactly right it can fail miserably
- Timing of Hog Riders can be difficult
- Does not work well against spread bases or those with centralized defenses.
**note: for other gowipe variations like hogowipe, click here or watch the following video:
Cons of the GoHogs / Hogowiwi Attack Composition
There isn’t one best composition, you’ll have to take into consideration the layout and composition of the base you are attacking. After using the strategy a few times, you’ll figure out how best to approach a given base. The following composition gives you a starting point.
- Troops – 10-30 Hog Riders, 6-14 each Barbarians and Archers, 4-12 Wizards, 2-8 Wall Breakers, and 1-3 Golems.
- Spells – Rage and 2-3 Healing
- Clan Troops = 5 Hog Riders, 2 each Witches and Wall Breakers, and 1 P.E.K.K.A
Thoughts on arranging your troops:
Golems and Wizards – Consider how far into the base you want to go
Giants – Consider how many directions you would like to attack from
Wall Breakers – Consider how strong the walls are and how many layers you’ll need to go through.
Barbarians and Archers – Consider the Clan Troops you’ll encounter.
Using the Strategy
The first thing you need to do is lure the clan troops. If this proves difficult, try the following:
- Drop two Giants near the Clan Castle if you can reach it from outside the wall.
- Use 2-5 Hogs to destroy a couple of defensive buildings and the Clan Troops at the same time.
- If Air Defenses are unable to cover the outer defenses, send in a few Balloons to eliminate the defenses and lure CC Troops.
After luring the CC Troops, you want to eliminate them. The easiest way is to get them to the side you are attacking from. Send in your Golem, followed by Wizards to eliminate Clan Troops and clear a path for your King. Arrange your Barch and the rest of your Wizards.
After handling the Clan Troops, have your Wizards create a funnel, then send in Wall Breakers. After the walls are down, send in Golems, followed by your King.
Your Golems and Barbarian King will be hit by any nearby defensive buildings. Deploy a couple of Giants to absorb some damage and a couple of Hog Riders for each defensive building hitting Giants. Repeat this as needed for each side until they are all destroyed. Don’t forget Healing Spells as needed.
When done right, the GoHogs attack should give you an easy 3 stars.
Newbies, check out our beginners th7 ware base design.